Job Title: Range Operator — Robotic Targets
Location: School of Infantry, Singleton, NSW, Australia
Marathon Targets designs and builds mobile autonomous robotic target systems for use by military forces around the globe. Our robotic targets are a revolution in the realism of targetry for combat shooting training.
The role involves operating and maintaining the robotic targets in support of training.
Primary tasks include:
- Setup in preparation for training:
- Discussing training with instructors, translating trainers’ intent into scenarios which the robots can execute.
- Moving targets to the training location.
- Setting up communications equipment.
- Operation of the robots during training:
- Running the targets and monitoring their state through the robot-control software.
- Adapting the targets’ behaviour on-the-spot according to progress of trainees and real-time directions from instructors.
- Post-training activities:
- Target maintenance and charging.
- Reporting on training activities and target usage.
- Liaising with Marathon head office to facilitate improvements based on actual usage.
- Educating military personnel on the targets’ capabilities and limitations.
This role does not require any specific technical expertise, however a technical mindset and the ability to troubleshoot is essential.
We will provide training in the particulars of operation/maintenance of the system.
- Defence experience is essential.
- Technical expertise (e.g. operation of military equipment, or a trade qualification such as electrical) is an advantage.
- Confidence operating computers is essential.
- Ability to work in the field and a willingness to get hands dirty is essential, e.g. to support combined-arms training and field-firing activities.
- Good inter-personal skills are essential.
- Ability to work effectively without supervision is essential.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and changing plans is essential.
- A willingness to occasionally work long hours and at night is essential.
- Australian citizenship is essential.
We are a growing company which is changing the way people train. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and initiative to be part of the team.
Please submit your CV with a description of how your skills fit the position description above. Applications should be sent to email@example.com.