Job Title: Robot Mechanic / Warehouse Storeperson
Location: Tanner, Alabama, USA
Marathon Targets designs, manufactures and operates Autonomous Robotic Targets (ARTs) to provide the most realistic live fire training in the world. The ARTs address a fundamental training gap: the first time shooters fire live ammunition at a realistic moving target is in a firefight.
Marathon is the market leader in robotic targetry and is dedicated to providing the most realistic training possible to help the military be best prepared for future operations.
Marathon is a relatively small dynamic company with a tight knit group of employees who take pride in their ability to have an immediate impact on increasing warfighter performance.
The Robot Mechanic / Warehouse Storeperson will work for our Production Manager at our Alabama Robotics Technology Park location in Tanner, AL.
Work will include management of warehouse inventory, shipping and receiving of spare parts, maintenance of robotic targets, assembly/testing of new parts, and general upkeep of the warehouse space. There may also be occasional trips to the field to assist in running robots on the range.
Hours will be a standard 40hr week with flexible start and finish times each day to match shipping schedules or late conference calls with the Engineering team in Australia.
The following experience is desirable for this position:
- Prior work on the tools in a mechanical environment.
- Prior work in maintaining inventory – either warehouse stock or workshop consumables.
- US military service is a bonus.
The Robot Mechanic / Warehouse Storeperson should have some of the following skills & attributes:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High motivation – be a go getter!
- Ability to take instruction remotely and then work independently.
- High problem solving skills.
- A high mechanical aptitude.
- Confidence working with a variety of hand-held and stationary power tools.
- Some experience with low voltage electrical debugging.
- A high comfort level with computer systems.
Please submit your CV with a description of how your skills fit the position description above. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.