Job Descriptions: Japan
Field Service Representative
Location: Camp Butler, Okinawa, Japan
Marathon Targets designs, manufactures, and operates autonomous robotic target systems to provide the most realistic live fire training in the world. The targets address a fundamental training gap: the first time shooters fire live ammunition at a realistic moving target is in a firefight.
The role involves operating and maintaining the robotic targets in support of training. There are positions available at Camp Butler (Okinawa, Japan).
Primary tasks include:
- Setup in preparation for training:
- Discussing training with instructors, translating trainers’ intent into software scenarios which the robots can execute.
- Moving targets to the training location.
- Range setup: setting up communications equipment, surveying the range, clearing robot running areas of large debris.
- Operation of the robots during training:
- Running the targets and monitoring their state through the robot-control software.
- Adapting the targets’ behaviour on-the-spot according to progress of trainees and real-time directions from instructors.
- Post-training activities:
- Target maintenance and charging.
- Reporting on training activities and target usage.
- Liaising with Marathon head office to facilitate improvements based on actual usage.
- Educating military personnel on the targets’ capabilities and limitations.
This role does not require any specific technical expertise, however a technical mindset and the ability to troubleshoot is essential.
We will provide training in the particulars of operation/maintenance of the system.
The following skills/attributes are desirable:
- Prior service within the US DoD. Experience in the Marine Corps is preferable.
- Confidence operating computers.
- A high mechanical aptitude and some basic experience with electrical debugging.
- Ability to work in the field and a willingness to get hands dirty. Must be physically able to move around on large training ranges for long durations.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- High motivation — a go getter!
- Ability to work effectively without supervision.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and changing plans.
- A willingness to occasionally work long hours and at night.
- Holder of a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel interstate.
The chosen candidate will undergo hands-on training alongside a Marathon Field Service Representative. Once the candidate is deemed competent, they will begin to run operations independently.
The positions will be full time.
We are a growing company which is changing the way people train. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and initiative to be part of the team.
Please submit your CV with a description of how your skills fit the position description above. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.