Field Service Representative — Robotic Targets
Locations: 29 Palms CA, Camp Pendleton CA, and Camp Lejeune NC.
Marathon Targets designs, manufactures, and operates autonomous robotic target systems to provide the most realistic live fire training in the world.
The targets address a fundamental training gap: the first time shooters fire live ammunition at a realistic moving target is in a firefight.
The role involves operating and maintaining the robotic targets in support of training.
There are positions available at 3 locations, 29 Palms CA, Camp Pendleton CA, and Camp Lejeune NC.
Primary tasks include:
- Setup in preparation for training:
– Discussing training with instructors, translating trainers’ intent into software scenarios which the robots can execute.
– Moving targets to the training location.
– Range setup: setting up communications equipment, surveying the range, clearing robot running areas of large debris.
- Operation of the robots during training:
– Running the targets and monitoring their state through the robot-control software.
– Adapting the targets’ behaviour on-the-spot according to progress of trainees and real-time directions from instructors.
- Post-training activities:
– Target maintenance and charging.
– Reporting on training activities and target usage.
– Liaising with Marathon head office to facilitate improvements based on actual usage.
– Educating military personnel on the targets’ capabilities and limitations.
This role does not require any specific technical expertise, however a technical mindset and the ability to troubleshoot is essential.
We will provide training in the particulars of operation/maintenance of the system.
- Prior service within the US DoD. Experience in the Marine Corps is preferable.
- Confidence operating computers.
- A high mechanical aptitude and some basic experience with electrical debugging.
- Ability to work in the field and a willingness to get hands dirty. Must be physically able to move around on large training ranges for long durations.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- High motivation — a go getter!
- Ability to work effectively without supervision.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and changing plans.
- A willingness to occasionally work long hours and at night.
- Holder of a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel interstate.
The chosen candidate will undergo hands-on training alongside a Marathon Field Service Engineer. Once the candidate is deemed competent, they will begin to run operations independently.
The position will be full time.
We are a growing company which is changing the way people train. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and initiative to be part of the team.
Please submit your CV with a description of how your skills fit the position description above. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.