Field Service Representative (USA)
Marathon Targets design, manufacture and operate Autonomous Robotic Targets (ARTs) to provide the most realistic live fire training in the world. The ARTs address a fundamental training gap: the first time shooters fire live ammunition at a realistic moving target is in a firefight.
Marathon is the market leader in robotic targetry and is dedicated to providing the most realistic training possible to help the military be best prepared for future operations.
Marathon is a relatively small dynamic company with a tight knit group of employees who take pride in their ability to have an immediate impact on increasing warfighter performance.
The open position is for a Field Service Representative who will set up, operate and maintain a system of robots on military and private installations.
Setup involves surveying the range, making modifications required to physical features (adding features for robot navigation, clearing robot running area of large debris, etc) and deploying communications equipment.
Operation requires interaction with the customer to create scenarios needed for training.
Maintenance involves upkeep of the system and repairing any live-fire damage.
There are currently positions available at Camp Lejeune, NC.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Prior service within USMC.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- A high mechanical aptitude.
- Some experience with electrical debugging.
- A high comfort level with computer systems.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- High motivation – be a go getter!
- Ability to work independently.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Be physically able to move around on large training ranges for long durations.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
- Ability to travel interstate and International.
The chosen candidate will undergo hands-on training alongside an experienced Marathon Field Service Engineer. With experience, the candidates will begin to run exercises independently.
The position will be full time. Salary to be negotiated.
Hiring Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org